The main focus of the Lakeview School District health program and goal of the nursing staff is to provide preventive school health services for the children of our district. The administration of mandated screenings and examinations initiates early detection of existing and/or potential health problems allowing immediate referral and follow-up services. First aid and emergency care are provided by the health staff to meet the needs of the students during the school day. Every effort will be made to provide support and assistance to students, parents, and staff for the optimal health and safety of our children.
Health services provided are as follows:School nurse service
Physical exams in grades K, 6, & 11
Growth and vision screening annually
Hearing screening in grades K, 1, 2, 3, 7, & 11
Scoliosis screening in grades 6 & 7
Dental exams in grades K, 3, 5 & 7
Assessment of required immunizations
How to Work with Your School Nurse
1. Make sure the nurse has your latest phone numbers. Accurate phone numbers are the critical link between the child's parents and the school.
2. Keep your child's immunizations up to date.
3. Update your child's medical records. If your child receives any additional immunizations, is exposed to a communicable disease, or undergoes a surgical procedure, please pass that information along to the school nurse.
4. If your child has any allergies or chronic conditions, the nurse must be updated.
5. If possible, share with the nurse any major developments at home that might have an effect on your child's behavior at school.